It is important to show people how much you miss them by sending them a love quote, so that they'll know how important they are. When someone says this to us, we feel loved and special.
You are watching: I wish you were here with me
In life, there are some people who are so close to us, we don't like to go even one day without talking to them, and if we have to be apart for a long time, it can be difficult. A simple "I wish I was there" quote could make a difference and cheer both of you up if you are missing someone right now. If you do miss someone, the perfect time to say "I wish you were here" is right now! Let them know you are thinking of them!
Take inspiration from these "wish you were here quotes" to find the perfect message to send, and check out these you and me quotes and you're not alone quotes for more sweet messages you will like to share every single day.
"Wish You Were Here" Messages For Families
Show your family how much you miss them on all days with these "if you were here" quotes and "I wish I was there" quotes.
1. "How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard."
— A. A. Milne, 'Winnie The Pooh'.
2. "If you told me I could have another life, a longer life, but that I couldn’t have you, I’d say no thanks. I’d take you and my short life over and over again."
- Renee Carlino.
3. "Missing you is the heartache that never goes away."
4. "Goodbyes are not forever, are not the end; it simply means I'll miss you until we meet again."
5. "Now that I am without you, all is desolate; all that was once so beautiful is dead."
- Conrad Aiken.
6. "I love you past the moon and miss you beyond the stars."
- Jim Storm.
7. "You may not know that you are the best gift I ever got, I will always be there with you in every up and down of life."
8. "I miss you, not the 'I haven't seen you in a while' kind of miss you, but the 'I wish you were here at this very moment' kind of miss you."
9. "Tonight I can only say that I love you too well for my peace of mind, and that absence from you is death to me."
- Honoré de Balzac.
10. “Nothing makes a room feel emptier than wanting someone in it.”
- Calla Quinn.
11. “It’s strange how many ways there are to miss someone.”
- Robin Roe.
12. “Missing someone and not being able to see them is the worst feeling ever.”
- Nathanael Richmond.
13. "When we're gone long enough, we miss it. It's not just the place we miss, of course— it's family, friends, neighbors, church."
- Randy Alcorn.
14. "Having more time to reflect and write, I also find I have the chance to appreciate my mother, who she is and was, in a way that I might not have."
- Nina Lesowitz.
15. "By the time a man realizes that maybe his father was right, he usually has a son who thinks he's wrong."
- Charles Wadsworth.
16. "I know they got their own life but still, when you love someone you let them know, you don't let them go, it's hard enough being alone, missing your family, missing your home"
- Lyfe Jennings.
"I Wish You Were Here With Me" Quotes For Friends
These "I wish I could be with you" quotes and "miss you, wish you were here" quotes will strengthen any friendship.
17. "When you love someone, whether it be your family, friends, partners, whatever, it’s like planting a little seedling of yourself inside of their hearts."
- Renee Carlino.
18. "Grief is like the ocean, it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn how to swim."
- Vicki Harrison .
19. "It has been said that time heals all wounds, I don't agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind protects its sanity, covers them with scar tissue, and the pain lessens, but is never gone."
- Rose Kennedy.
20. "No man is so perfect, so necessary to his friends, as to give them no cause to miss him less."
- Jean de La Bruyere Wish.
21. "I don’t care whether it is Monday, Wednesday or Sunday, every moment is boring and gloomy when my friend is away. I miss you."
Famous "I Wish We Were Together" Quotes
Some "wish I was with you" quotes are more popular than the rest. Let's take a look at some famous "wish you were here" quotes for her and "wish you were here" quotes for him to share on days when you are struggling without someone.
22. "To lose someone is to alter your life forever. The pain stops, there are new people, but the gap never closes. This hole in your heart is the shape of the one you lost - no one else can fit it."
- Jeanette Winterson.
23. "A thousand words couldn’t bring you back
I know this because I tried,
neither could a thousand tears
I know this because I cried"
- Hayley Foster, 'I Only Wanted You'.
24. "So until we meet again, I am thinking of you always, I love you, I wish you were here... in my arms."
- Anne Rice.
25. "I think we dream so we don't have to be apart so long."
- Bill Watterson.
26. "The joy of meeting pays the pangs of absence; else who could bear it?"
- Nicholas Rowe.
27. "If the ocean were music, sailboats would be the ballerinas. I was never any good at dancing before. Maybe I didn’t know how."
- Renee Carlino.
28. "Oh, my darling, wish you were here! And my dark soul is happy again, because it does not know how to be anything else for very long, and because the pain is a deep dark sea in which I would drown if I did not sail my little craft steadily over the surface, steadily towards a sun which will never rise."
- Anne Rice.
29. "He taught me that one way to give your life meaning is to teach another person how to look within and love."
- Renee Carlino.
30. "Distance can't change how I feel about you. It only makes me feel like we're forever! And trust me I know that our love will last forever and always!"
"Wish You Were Here" Film Quotes
These "I wish I was there with you" quotes and "I wish you were next to me" quotes could make any important person in your life smile. Wish away the days spent apart with these "I just wish" quotes from the movies.
31. “It’s like in that moment the whole universe existed just to bring us together.”
- Sara Thomas, 'Serendipity'.
32. 'True love cannot be found where it does not truly exist, nor can it be hidden where it truly does.'
- Max Abbitt, 'Kissing A Fool' .
33. "Swoon. I'll catch you."
- Count Laszlo de Almásy, 'The English Patient' (1996).
34. "I have crossed oceans of time to find you."
- Dracula, 'Bram Stoker's Dracula' (1992).
35. "You will never age for me, nor fade, nor die."
- 'William Shakespeare, 'Shakespeare In Love' (1998).
At neurosoup.org, we have created lots of family-friendly quotes for everyone! If you like these "wishing you were here" quotes, why not take a look at these
*Do you know where this quote originated? Please email us to let us know at
At neurosoup.org we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
neurosoup.org provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
neurosoup.org cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by neurosoup.org does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
neurosoup.org is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the neurosoup.org team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
See more: Sometimes You Just Have To Give Up On People, Sometimes You Have To Give Up Quotes
neurosoup.org has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that neurosoup.org is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.